Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Julia Child's Reine De Saba (Chocolate And Almond Cake)


Reine de Saba is the moist and fudgy chocolate and almond cake that stars in Julie and Julia. I decided to bake this cake when I had some leftover chocolate buttercream that needed using up. I'd started to mix the cake batter when I realised that the 'Tidy Fairy' had thrown away my buttercream... so from icing and no cake to cake and no icing : ( I almost didn't finish baking it as I didn't have the ingredients to make more chocolate icing but I'm really glad that I did. It wasn't until I baked it that I realised why it was chosen to take centre stage in the film, delicious is an understatement!


Although it doesn't look as spectacular as some this cake is a real showstopper and would make a fabulous dessert for a Valentine's Day dinner. You can find the recipe here... Bon appetit!

6 comments:

Maria♥ said...

Wow Hayley that cake looks so good!! I loved that film :)

Maria
x

Leslie said...

He threw away your icing???? How dare he!

Beth Sachs said...

great cake!!

Anne said...

Looks lovely with the almonds scattered over!

Nicola said...

I remember the part in the film where they go crazy over this cake! Looks gorgeous :-)

Veronica Castanon said...

Going to make for family this weekend. Wish me luck.