Monday, 27 June 2011

Ben & Jerry's Superfudge Brownies

After making these I remembered why I don't make brownies more often... So addictive! I'm a bit of a brownie perfectionist, in my eyes the perfect brownie has to have just the right amount of squidge and these most certainly have that, along with a slightly crisp top, Yum! This recipe is from the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream & Dessert Book and I have (just about) managed to hold back a few squares for their Brownie ice cream recipe which I hope to make tomorrow, perfect for this gorgeous weather we've been having :-D Watch this space!


Superfudge Brownies

4oz plain chocolate
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour

1. Preheat the oven to 350F (180c). Butter and lightly flour a 13x9 inch baking pan. (I used a 20cm square silicone pan)

2. Melt the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler (bain-marie) over simmering water. Let cool in the pan to room temperature.

3. Beat the eggs and salt in a mixing bowl until very fluffy. Gradually beat in the sugar and vanilla. Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture. Add the flour and fold just until blended.

4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake 25 to 30 minutes (45minutes if using a square pan). Let cool in the pan completely before cutting.

1 comment:

Kate@katescakesandbakes said...

These sounds absolutely delicious- I'm always on the hunt for new brownie recipes (I believe in life, you can never have enough brownie recipes!)