Sunday, 16 November 2008

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

I'll get straight to the point...

I MET NIGELLA!!!!!!



Yes, that's little old me up there with the goddess herself, and it would've been a nicer picture had the stupid woman not taken the picture when I wasn't looking... I HATE having my photo taken!

As I mentioned yesterday I went to the BBC Good Food Show today and I met Nigella :-D And she signed my book so Ner Ner Na Ner Ner!



It was all a bit of a blur, I was so awfully starstruck and that along with the fact that they hurry you along so quickly meant that I can hardly remember it at all. I just remember seeing her smiling at me and my brain kind of went to mush and I grinned and just about managed to say "It's lovely to meet you" before shuffling out of the signing area with my book clutched to my chest.


I had also booked a Food Icons session so I got to watch Nigella before I found out there was going to be a signing. We sat in a small theatre to watch Nigella talk, answer questions from the audience and do a demonstration of her Edible Christmas Tree Decorations.

She's even more stunning in person and I think the camera must definitely add 10lbs as she's tiny! Nigella was so lovely and warm and she was just exactly how I imagined she would be. I feel like a really lucky girl to have met the woman I admire and that has inspired me so much : )

9 comments:

flower said...

OMG!!! Edible Christmas Decorations I must make some

Jules said...

I'm v jealous! She certainly does looks a great deal smaller in your photos than she does on TV.

Leslie said...

Oh that must have been so fun!
I think the camera adds like 35 pounds. Cause when I met Paula Deen she was no where as heavy as she looks on TV

Maria said...

OMG Hayley I was at the Good Food Show yesterday!!! If I had known we could have met up. I didn't get to meet Nigella but I did meet the dreamy James Martin and he signed my book ;o) I was gutted cos all the tickets to the Nigella live show were sold out when I booked my tickets to the Good Food Show but I did get to see Annabel Karmel doing her live show and she also made some gorgeous edible xmas cookies!

Maria
x

Anne said...

Wow can't believe you met the lovely Nigella! I think I would have just mumbled rubbish when it came to speaking!

I'm going next week to the brum one, must remember to take my camera and do some star spotting!

Margaret said...

You definitely are a very lucky lady to have met Nigella!! Well done.

Rosie said...

OMG Hayley how great is that to have met Nigella!! Well done and so pleased for you :D

Rosie x

culinarytravelsofakitchengoddess said...

OMG!!! I'm turing green with envy now, you lucky lucky lady.

Nickki said...

OMG!!!!! I am so jealous! You are so lucky to meet Nigella in person! What a wonderful early christmas present :)